The Polish zloty is the official currency of Poland.
- 1 What currency should I take to Kraków?
- 2 What is the best currency to use in Poland?
- 3 Does Poland accept US dollars?
- 4 How much money do I need for Kraków?
- 5 How much is a glass of wine in Krakow?
- 6 How much is a pint in Krakow?
- 7 How far does a dollar go in Poland?
- 8 Is Poland expensive for tourists?
- 9 What is Poland average income?
- 10 What are Polish dollars called?
- 11 Is tipping customary in Poland?
- 12 What should I avoid in Poland?
- 13 How much is the average evening meal in Krakow?
- 14 Do and don’ts in Poland?
What currency should I take to Kraków?
1. Re: Which currency do they use? It is the Polish Zloty. No need to take Euros,you can just bring pounds and exchange them in Kraków (exchange rates will most likely be more favourable than in the UK) or simply use ATMs to withdraw cash.
What is the best currency to use in Poland?
The best currency to use in Poland is the Polish Zloty (PLN). Even if Euros might be accepted in touristy areas, it’s a bad idea because of the terrible exchange rate you will be given.
Does Poland accept US dollars?
Unfortunately, in most places, it is not possible to pay with Euro or US Dollars. Only some hotels and shopping malls might accept such currencies.
How much money do I need for Kraków?
You should plan to spend around zł220 ($56) per day on your vacation in Krakow, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, zł38 ($9.63) on meals for one day and zł21 ($5.29) on local transportation.
How much is a glass of wine in Krakow?
Wine by the glass can work out very expensive in most Krakow restaurants, especially compared to other drink and food prices. Usually a glass is only 125ml (a small glass in UK is usually 175) and can cost at least 20zl.
How much is a pint in Krakow?
The average price of a beer in the market square is around 7 zł or 1.70 €, this is about 30% of the cost of a beer in London which averages at about 5.00 €. Check out this handy chart, Krakow scores as one of the cheapest cities in the world in which to buy a beer in.
How far does a dollar go in Poland?
Around the world, the dollar has been battered. But here in Poland, its value goes up and up. Officially, the dollar buys 310 zlotys. Hotel bellboys offer 1,000 zlotys for a buck.
Is Poland expensive for tourists?
Poland remains a more affordable travel destination than many European countries, but even so, prices have been on the rise in recent years. If you’re hoping to keep your costs down it is best to travel outside of the peak season, find discount hotel rates, and cater your own meals whenever possible.
What is Poland average income?
B. The median base salary in Poland is 7110 PLN or USD 1833 per month or (according to the latest exchange rates). The median salary is a middle value in a range of salaries. In other words, half of the Polish employees earn less than 7110 PLN each month, while the other half earn more.
What are Polish dollars called?
zloty, (Polish: “gold coin”) monetary unit of Poland. Each zloty (spelled złoty in Polish) is divided into 100 groszy. The National Bank of Poland has the exclusive right to issue currency in the country. Coins range from 1 groszy to 5 zlotys, and bills are issued in amounts varying between 10 and 200 zlotys.
Is tipping customary in Poland?
Percentage-wise, average tips range between 5% to 10% of the bill value. Tip jars in bars and cafes are a common sight in Poland. You are always welcome to put a few spare coins inside. Apart from waiters, it is not unusual to tip bartenders, delivery people and couriers or taxi drivers.
What should I avoid in Poland?
5 things you should never do in Poland
- Jaywalking. In some countries (like the UK), crossing the street at any point or going through a red light when there is no traffic is perfectly acceptable.
- Drinking in public.
- Cash payments.
- No-smiling policy.
- Language practice.
How much is the average evening meal in Krakow?
Budget Dinner: $4-$15 You should be able to find dinner at a restaurant in a less touristy part of town for around $5-$15. An above-average three-course meal with wine at a restaurant will cost around $18. For $25-$30, you can have an excellent three-course meal at a fancy restaurant.
Do and don’ts in Poland?
6 Dos and Don’ts on Your Visit to Poland
- Do wait for the green man.
- Don’t talk about religion.
- Do drink vodka.
- Don’t imbibe in public.
- Do watch out for the stairs.
- Don’t take a dip in the Baltic – unless you’re brave or foolhardy.