7 Great Winter Holiday Destinations in Poland
- Zakopane. A popular tourist town all year long, Zakopane is a prime spot for spectacular selfies.
- Bukowina Tatrzańska. If you make it to Zakopane, it’s worth dropping by the charming hills of Bukowina Tatrzańska.
- 1 Is Krakow good to visit in winter?
- 2 What is Poland like in winter?
- 3 Is it good to visit Poland in December?
- 4 What are three tourist attractions in Poland?
- 5 Is Krakow too cold in December?
- 6 Is Krakow Nice in February?
- 7 How should I dress for Polish in winter?
- 8 What is the coldest month in Poland?
- 9 What is the coldest city in Poland?
- 10 What is the best month to go to Poland?
- 11 What is Christmas like in Poland?
- 12 Does it snow in Poland at Christmas?
- 13 Is Poland expensive for tourists?
- 14 How many days do you need in Poland?
- 15 How far is Auschwitz from Warsaw?
Is Krakow good to visit in winter?
Yes. Krakow winter temperatures get between -5 and +5 degrees in average, which is perfect for snowfall, but it can also rain. But if you’re into Christmas Markets, Krakow in December is absolutely amazing, and despite the tourists, it’s totally worth it and one of the best winter city breaks in Europe.
What is Poland like in winter?
The climate in Poland is continental, with very cold winters, often below freezing (0 °C or 32 °F), and warm summers. In April and early May, cold days alternate with the first warm days, while by mid-May, the temperature becomes steadily pleasant, with highs around 15/20 °C (59/68 °F) and sometimes above.
Is it good to visit Poland in December?
No matter which month you plan a visit, make sure to bring layers for winter in Poland. The best month for visiting Poland in winter when the places are decorated and glowing is December. If you want to enjoy snow in Poland, January and February are the best months to plan your trip.
What are three tourist attractions in Poland?
12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Poland
- Wieliczka Salt Mine, Wieliczka. Wieliczka salt mine.
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Camps, Oswiecim.
- Warsaw Old Market Place, Warsaw.
- Malbork Castle, Malbork.
- Lazienki Park, Warsaw.
- Schindler’s Factory, Krakow.
- Crooked Forest, Gryfino.
- Warsaw Rising Museum, Warsaw.
Is Krakow too cold in December?
Winter truly comes to town in December in Krakow, with an average daily temperature of -1°C (about 31°F). The lows drop to much below freezing, averaging -3°C (about 27°F), chilly but typical for this part of Poland and Eastern Europe.
Is Krakow Nice in February?
Krakow Weather in February Krakow is extremely cold in February, albeit slightly warmer than January. As the winter slowly begins to change into spring, the days gradually get warmer as February goes on, so visit later in the month for a greater chance at an above-freezing day.
How should I dress for Polish in winter?
Poland in winter | an essential packing list
- A heavyweight winter jacket.
- Wool and cashmere scarves.
- A wool or cashmere hat.
- A pair of wool or cashmere gloves.
- Wool or cashmere socks.
- Good base layer clothing.
- A good pair of warm walking shoes.
What is the coldest month in Poland?
Poland is situated in a moderate climate zone. In summer (July) – the temperature varies from 25° to 35° Celsius. The coldest months are January and February with temperatures falling a couple of degrees below zero.
What is the coldest city in Poland?
The warmest area of the country is the Silesian Lowland in south-western Poland, while the coldest place is the town of Suwałki in the north-eastern part of the country.
What is the best month to go to Poland?
The best times to visit Poland are May-June and September-October, when it is still warm and the number of tourists is lower. It is when you can enjoy the best hiking conditions and explore some of Poland’s most amazing places.
What is Christmas like in Poland?
Among the traditional Christmas, dishes are Christmas Eve carp, Jewish-style carp, the herring, pierogi, and poppy seed cake. After dinner, people start gifting the presents and singing carols. Poland really loves its Christmas carols. And there are thousands of them.
Does it snow in Poland at Christmas?
Temperature in Poland in December The snow doesn’t appear in December that often, but sometimes you can notice a liitle of it on your coat:) More frequent are rains and snowy rains. If you want to spend December in Poland, you should defiintely pack your warm clothes and underwear.
Is Poland expensive for tourists?
Poland remains a more affordable travel destination than many European countries, but even so, prices have been on the rise in recent years. If you’re hoping to keep your costs down it is best to travel outside of the peak season, find discount hotel rates, and cater your own meals whenever possible.
How many days do you need in Poland?
While you can plan shorter trips, spending at least 10 days in Poland really allows you to see the depths of the country’s culture, history and cuisine. Even with 10 days, there are vast sections of the country this Poland itinerary doesn’t reach, so don’t be surprised if you quickly start planning a return visit.
How far is Auschwitz from Warsaw?
The distance between Warsaw and Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum is 275 km. The road distance is 313.8 km. How do I travel from Warsaw to Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum without a car?