- 1 Is Poland a safe country?
- 2 What are 5 facts about Poland?
- 3 What are 10 facts about Poland?
- 4 Is Poland part of Germany?
- 5 Is Poland friendly to foreigners?
- 6 Do they speak English in Poland?
- 7 How beautiful is Poland?
- 8 What is Polish famous for?
- 9 What makes Poland special?
- 10 What language is spoken in Poland?
- 11 What type of food is eaten in Poland?
Is Poland a safe country?
Traveling in Poland is safe for tourists. Poland is one of the top 20 countries in the world’s safest countries. There are no more dangers in the record for tourists in Poland. However, it is possible to face minor crimes such as pickpocketing, petty theft, bag grabbing and ATM fraud.
What are 5 facts about Poland?
Basic Fun Facts About Poland
- Poland is a country in eastern Europe.
- The capital of Poland is the city of Warsaw.
- The size of the country is 120,726 square miles.
- The language that is officially spoken in Poland is Polish.
- 97% of people who live in Poland speak Polish as their first language.
What are 10 facts about Poland?
Veselin Peev – 09/12/2019
- Poland is the 9th largest country in Europe.
- The name “Poland” (Polska) has a meaning.
- Polisg history is very complicated.
- During the WWII Warsaw was almost completely destroyed and had to be rebuilt completely.
- Marie Curie was actually Polish.
- Europe’s heaviest animals live in Poland.
Is Poland part of Germany?
Poland is a country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the west; the Czech Republic and Slovakia to the south; Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania to the east; and the Baltic Sea and Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave, to the north.
Is Poland friendly to foreigners?
Poland is a great country; however, it might be tough for foreigners at first. At first Poland seems like a nice and attractive country for foreign students to improve their education. After all, it’s a European country, well developed, and not very expensive in comparison with the rest of the EU.
Do they speak English in Poland?
English is fairly widely spoken in Poland with just over a third of Poles overall reported as being able to speak English to some degree. This ratio goes up in the major cities and tourist destinations, where you will have no problems finding people who can speak English if you need help.
How beautiful is Poland?
Poland has a very beautiful nature. Despite the fact that the country is not very big, the nature is diverse. Hiking in the Polish mountains, you can accidentally cross the border with Czech Republic. Another region of Poland with beautiful nature is the Masurian Lake District.
What is Polish famous for?
And that’s why Poland remains known as the country of pierogi and potatoes. And nobody even appreciates the creativity that goes behind creating the myriad potato dishes Poland is famous for!
What makes Poland special?
Poland has beautiful nature, especially mountains and forests, and there are numbers of national parks across the country. Tatra is the most famous mountain range which is situated across Poland and Slovakia.
What language is spoken in Poland?
In Polish culture, parents usually give their children quite a bit of independence and responsibility. Polish families come in all shapes and sizes, some lead very quiet lives, others are quite busy and their household is noisy. Some take frequent trips or outings, while others spend most of their time at home.
What type of food is eaten in Poland?
From pierogi to bigos, here are 15 essential dishes to try in Poland.
- Zurek. This fermented soup made with sour rye flour is the definitive Polish comfort food.
- Bigos. A much-loved Polish stew made from sauerkraut, meat and a variety of vegetables.
- Kotlet schabowy.
- Placki ziemniaczane.