For U.S. citizens who desire to marry a Polish fiancé in the United States, a petition on behalf of the fiancé must be filed in the United States with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). Further details can be found in our Immigrant Visa section or at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- 1 What documents do you need to get married in Poland?
- 2 Can a foreigner get married in Poland?
- 3 Is there a fiance visa for Poland?
- 4 Can I marry someone with a visa?
- 5 How quickly can you get married in Poland?
- 6 How much does it cost to get married in Poland?
- 7 What happens if I marry a Polish citizen?
- 8 Who pays for weddings in Poland?
- 9 Can I bring my wife to Poland?
- 10 What is the k2 visa?
- 11 How can I get fiance visa in Poland?
- 12 How can I get green card in Poland?
- 13 What documents are needed to marry a foreigner?
- 14 What is k3 visa?
- 15 What if your husband married someone else?
What documents do you need to get married in Poland?
Which documents have to be submitted?
- an identity document (passport, temporary foreigner identity certificate, residence card),
- an abridged copy of the birth certificate,
- if a foreigner has already been married – a proof of termination, invalidation or non-existence of marriage,
Can a foreigner get married in Poland?
– Foreigners additionally submit a certificate from the country of origin confirming the possibility of getting married, together with a sworn translation of the document into Polish (this document certifies that a person, in accordance with the law of their country of origin, may get married in Poland.
Is there a fiance visa for Poland?
Your fiancée must still establish eligibility to receive a K visa. Be sure to specify that the approved petition should be sent to Warsaw if your fiancée is in Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, or Poland. The U.S. Embassies in Belarus, Latvia, and Lithuania do not process fiancée visas.
Can I marry someone with a visa?
Can I Marry A US Citizen on A Tourist Visa? The short answer is: yes, you can get married in the US while on a B-1/B-2 tourist visa or on a visa waiver program. In fact, you are even allowed to come to the US as a visitor with the sole intention of getting married.
How quickly can you get married in Poland?
The marriage can take place with the civil registry office no sooner than one month after the submission of the documents. In selected cases, the couple can submit a request to the Director of the civil registry office in order to obtain a shorter waiting period.
How much does it cost to get married in Poland?
The fee for the registration is PLN 50. Another option is legalising your marriage through a Polish consulate abroad, but it is a more complex (the waiting period for your certificate is at least two months) and expensive path (the fee is much higher than in Poland).
What happens if I marry a Polish citizen?
Naturalization by marriage Marriage to a Polish citizen does not constitute a sufficient basis for Polish citizenship. However, to obtain a permanent residence permit, the foreigner must first obtain a temporary residence permit based on marriage to a Polish citizen.
Who pays for weddings in Poland?
In Poland the bride is picked up from her parents house by the groom and his family according to old tradition. But before the groom gets his bride, he first has to “buy her off”. Two relatives of the bride are waiting in front of the parents’ house, and the groom has to “pay” them.
Can I bring my wife to Poland?
The following foreigners have the right to obtain a temporary residence permit for family members of a foreigner living in Poland: – a spouse ( the marriage must be recognized by Polish law );
What is the k2 visa?
A K-2 visa permits children of a K-1 fiance visa holder to enter into the United States until an immigrant visa is available to them. In order to be eligible for one of these nonimmigrant visas, the applicant must be under the age of 21 and be an unmarried child of the K-1 applicant.
How can I get fiance visa in Poland?
- Passport. The passport should be valid for at least sixty days beyond the validity date of the visa.
- UID Number.
- Fiancé(e) Visa Application Form.
- Birth Certificate.
- Evidence of the Termination of Prior Marriages (if applicable)
- Police Certificate.
- Military Records.
How can I get green card in Poland?
Apply to be recognised as a Polish citizen
- has resided legally in Poland for a continuous period of at least 2 years on the basis of a permanent residence permit, an EU long-term residence permit or the right of permanent residence,
- has been married to a Polish citizen for at least 3 years or has no citizenship,
What documents are needed to marry a foreigner?
The documents required for a marriage green card vary by situation but generally include the following:
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate.
- Financial documents.
- Proof of sponsor’s U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
- Proof of lawful U.S. entry and status, if applicable.
- Police clearance certificate, if applicable.
What is k3 visa?
The K-3 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen spouse of a United States (U.S.) citizen. K-3 visa recipients subsequently apply to adjust status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) upon approval of the petition.
What if your husband married someone else?
In case husband marries someone else, during lifetime of his wife, without divorce, it amounts to bigamy,which is a criminal offence, and you can file complaint against him for bigamy. You can’t file complaint against him for adultery. For specific advice on ur case you may contact with specific details of your case.